Stars' Stars in the Walk of Fame

My first visit to the local Walk of Fame, which can be seen in the interior part of Eastwood City, across the newly opened Eastwood Mall was accidental, but it was a pleasant experience anyhow.  I was there by chance, only to join a friend's despedida, or a send-off dinner before he leaves for abroad.  A despedida is a party thrown for someone or by someone who is departing or leaving.   I was lucky to be there on the night when some stars would be unveiled.   I was able to see some local celebrities.  The Walk of Fame in Eastwood City is a brainchild of Master Showman German Moreno or Kuya Germs.   According to many, he is a star-builder or star-discoverer. The '80s reality-talent show "That's Entertainment" is just one of the long-running TV shows that can be attributed to his brilliance.  



One of the stars that would be unveiled that night is Megan Young's.  Megan Young is the newly-crowned Miss World, the most coveted title yet as it was the very first time we brought home the Miss World crown. The Miss World title was very elusive but after so many attempts and many misses, Megan Young successfully caught it and so we can now add a Ms. World crown to our list of titles.    I  think this star deserves to be added to the Walk of Fame.


However, this came as an eye-brow raiser.  I thought the local Walk of Fame was only for the local celebrities, what's Anderson Cooper's star doing here?  While I am a fan of Anderson Cooper ( I would watch his talk show when it was televised by a local station) I think that many would agree with me that this is misplaced.  I'm sure that Hollywood Walk of Fame will give him his star in the future.   But that is just my opinion.  I just believe that the local Walk of Fame should be a tribute to local celebrities.  


Here's a celebrity whose star I believe deserves to be in the local Walk of Fame.  Rob Schneider has Filipino blood and he has not denied it.  I have always admired Rob Schneider's humor and his humility as a person.  Plus, he pokes fun in a nice way at his Filipino background.  Who could forget his father's cameo in one of his movies where the famous local "bibingka" was immortalized.    More stars with Filipino lineage should be featured here, I think.




I was trying to rack my brains regarding Margie Morgan until I realized this was a major, major error.  It should be Margie Moran, right?  If I am not mistaken.  I hope that corrective measures have been undertaken to correct this as this is so careless.  I mean, Margie Moran is the Margie Moran, who is the second Filipina who took home the Miss Universe crown and I think she deserves some apologies for this major, major mistake.

I do not know what became of the move to make Quezon City as the City of Stars of the Philippines, the equivalent of Los Angeles in California.  If they pursue it, the Walk of Fame could be a start to this move and it will make Quezon City the celebrity-hub in the Philippines.  Just saying!!!

Comments

Don't Forget To Read This

A Charity Dinner Concert for Nutrition Program at The Manila Hotel

Filipino Tourist Targeted in New York

Circle of Fun is the Latest attraction in Quezon City Memorial Circle