Circle of Fun is the Latest attraction in Quezon City Memorial Circle



I was in Quezon Memorial Circle this afternoon and I chanced upon this mini amusement center currently being constructed inside the big Quezon City landmark.  This new attraction at the QCMC showcases thrilling rides like the Wild Wind.  This is actually like the Space Shuttle of Enchanted Kingdom in Santa Rosa, Laguna.  It is a modified form of the traditional roller-coaster. 


There are also rides for the little ones like the usual water bump cars. 



And the horror rides which I will dare not ride because I do not have the kind of heart that can withstand intense fear.

 
While I laud the Quezon City government for this endeavor of providing a small amusement park for the residents of Quezon City so that they do not have to go all the way to Star City or Enchanted Kingdom to be able to experience the different rides, I can't help but feel dismayed over the changes in the scenery inside the memorial.  I frequented the place way, way back when I lived near UP Campus to enjoy a morning jog (almost having the entire circumference to myself) and also to join the aerobics sessions of Mrs. Zafra.    The outstretched branches of large-trunked trees will now be overshadowed by the tall rides and the horror of the rides will be multiplied by the horror of garbage that will pile up caused by the weekend revellers.  I just hope that the cleanliness of the QCMC will be maintained despite developments like this.


The Entrance to the Circle of Fun is: P20 and P30-60 for each ride.

Comments

Unknown said…
open ba amg circle of fun this summer?? what time??
mercylcf said…
Hi cutie,

I think so, they are open daily, and i think most especially on the weekends. No news that they will be closed so far...It is best to go there in the afternoon to avoid intense heat. Have a good time.
Anonymous said…
my son & i frequently go there saturdays to jog in the morning as we are just living in project 6 area. after my jog i allow him to take biking or boating.we also tried the zipline this a.m at an affordable price of 150 back & forth. it was all worth it.
mercylcf said…
Hi Carlpeng,

I'm glad they have added a zipline, better than going to farther places just to experience ziplining. P150 is reasonable for a round trip so to speak...thank you for sharing your experience here. See you next when I have updated my blog. Have a year's worth of material waiting to be blogged.
pogs said…
may contact no. ba ang Quezon city circle para magpa-reserve ng basketball and volleyball court?
ty........
lhoryn said…
how much ang entrance fee?
mercylcf said…
QUEZON MEMORIAL CIRCLE
Mr. Tadeo M. Palma
Park Administrator
Elliptical Road
924-3395 / 924-3412 / 924-3413
Unknown said…
What usually time does it open?
Unknown said…
What time does it open?
Unknown said…
What time does it open?

Don't Forget To Read This

A Charity Dinner Concert for Nutrition Program at The Manila Hotel

Filipino Tourist Targeted in New York