Puerto Prinsesa's Culinary Centers: Neva's Place

Cebu Pacific's inflight magazine writes Neva's as one of the places to go to get delicious pizza and other kind of good food in Puerto Prinsesa.  It is a simple affair, nestled in a garden full of ornamental plants and trees, but the food is far from simple. Their menu is quite ecclectic.  No telling what they really specialize, I can only say, that what I tasted were all tasty and worth raving about.


I am a lover of crepes and even dabbled in my kitchen sometimes to test my culinary skills about crepes, so I did not miss this opportunity to try Neva's Austrian Crepe for only P50.   Most crepes are sweetened only by their filling, but Austrian crepe is already sweet in itself, so I think it's what makes it different from others.  I had it for breakfast and it sustained me till my next meal. 




This combo is equally filling.  It consists of a cup of chocolate, some butter, a really big serving of freshly cooked bread (soft and savory) and fried egg.  The chocolate is one of the best I have tasted.  I could tell the cocoa was genuine and pure. 


I find their chicken milanese tasty and this photo does not do it justice.  The chicken is crispy-soft and the taste blends well with the gravy and the side salad.  It is best eaten for lunch.


Now,  Filipinos are all too familiar with this recipe.  It is ginataang gulay, but Neva's cooks it really well, the coconut milk was absorbed deeply by the veggies and the pumpkins were sweet.  You can tell the veggies are fresh.  This is cooked somewhat medium rare as some of the veggies were still crisp.

How to get here:   Let a tricyle take you to Taft St. in Puerto Prinsesa and specify the place's name.  It is one of the famous places in the city, so you won't miss it.   Happy dining!!!

Comments

Don't Forget To Read This

A Charity Dinner Concert for Nutrition Program at The Manila Hotel

Filipino Tourist Targeted in New York

Circle of Fun is the Latest attraction in Quezon City Memorial Circle