Pan De Amerikano: Still the Pinaka---



Pan de Amerikano has been written about countless times and by word-of-mouth became one of the top party venues in the Metro.  Out of curiousity, I jumped at the chance to attend a birthday party held here just to view it the second time around.  The facade is so simple, but classic.   I tried to recall what I saw the first time i stepped inside the premises one or two years ago.  And I remembered a wide party venue with unique decors and fancy ornaments. 


I asked my friend what the charm of Pan de Amerikano is and she said the vines hanging from the ceiling and the stream with a bridge seems to be an image from a forest or jungle and she was right.  I immediately got lost in  the forest and thought of birds flitting and butterflies floating around.


What's a jungle without a waterfall to cool hikers and hunters?  This backdrop is enough to cool guests during a warm summer afternoon while enjoying Pan De Amerikano's affordable meal combinations.   You guessed it right, Pan de Amerikano does not only serve soft and large, heavy-in-the-tummy bread, but also meals that are cooked Marikina-style. 



According to one of the staff I asked (who was very kind to assist me) the waknatoy is one of their bestsellers.  It looks familiar, doesn't it?  It's because it's the very famous menudo with a little twist, for you to know what makes this different from the menudo that we are so used to, you should visit Pan de Amerikano yourself so that you will be able to tell the difference.  This is an original Marikina recipe.  And a serving of the waknatoy is P45.   If I am not watching my weight and worried how  I will burn excess calories, I would be ordering another serving and another and another...

If I have not convinced you of the feast that await you here, let me try another pitch, order the tinumok and you'll thank me afterwards.  Yes, it looks common again, but the creative folks of Pan de Amerikano made tinumok one of their signature dish.  It's up to you to find out what it is or what it is similar to.  A serving of tinumok costs P50. 


How to get here: 

Pan De Amerikano is located at #92 Gen. Ordonez St.  Concepcion Dos, Marikina City.
Tel.  475-23-98

The landmarks would be the Concepcion Church and the Conception Market across the church.  It's going to be a breeze once you get at these two establishments.



Comments

Don't Forget To Read This

A Charity Dinner Concert for Nutrition Program at The Manila Hotel

Filipino Tourist Targeted in New York

A Day in the Rising Food Mecca of Bulacan: San Miguel De Mayumo (Part 1)