Comfort Food # 3: Blueberry Cheesecake

Here's my number 3 in my list of comfort food.  Well, I know that what's comfort food for me, may not be comfort food for you as food appreciation is very relative and subjective.  But let me share this with you because I believe that nothing compares to it or at least, I have not found anything that will outclass it.  I'm talking about Cafe Lidia's, which is located in one of the minor streets of Marikina and one of the establishments that is already gaining a following, thanks to their good food, good service and great ambience.  Although I heard that pasta and pizza are their specialties, I did not order pasta but opted for the lighter order of clubhouse sandwich.  But if I thought that their serving is simple and good for one person, I thought wrong because what was brought to my table was a  plateful of "goodness to the bones three-layered clubhouse sandwich."  It was complete with french fries and the usual greens and tomatoes.  I simply just loved every bite of it.  Sorry, the picture does not do the food justice




But here is the thing that stood out among the cakes that were displayed in Cafe Lydia's cakes.  The Blueberry cheesecake which for me compares to no other establishment's, but that's just me.  Blueberry cheesecake is one of my favorite deserts so I would always get a slice whenever it is offered in a certain establishment.   Why does it stand out for me?  For one thing, it is not very sour.  The cheese and the blueberry combination is not overwhelming.  I noticed that blueberry cheesecake when not watched carefully can be very sour.   Another reason is that it is just so soft, it literally melts in my tongue.  I could not feel any chunk or bread-y area in the entire slice.   Cafe Lidia's does not have an extensive list of cakes, or maybe a lot of their cakes were not available at that time so it was too bad I could not try the others that probably would be equally tasty and delicious.  Oh, well, if cakes are your thing, don't forget to drop by Cafe Lidia's in Marikina and give their blueberry cheesecake a try.





Cafe Lidia is located at:
Calderon St.
Calumpang, Marikina
647-76-06

Comments

Don't Forget To Read This

A Charity Dinner Concert for Nutrition Program at The Manila Hotel

Filipino Tourist Targeted in New York

Circle of Fun is the Latest attraction in Quezon City Memorial Circle